Hollyglen is a somewhat secret neighborhood in a small pocket of Hawthorne CA. Located west of the 405 Freeway, Hollyglen is a little community with a real neighborhood feel. Consisting primarily of homes built in the 40s and 50s, many of the single level homes have been extensively remodeled and sit on charming tree lined streets. Here are some of the reasons we love this neighborhood:
- Community feel: Hollyglen really feels like a neighborhood. This is a part of the South Bay in which neighbors seem to know each other and there are usually people out walking their dogs and seem happy to live there.
- Pride of ownership: It isn’t hard to see that owners love their homes and love their neighborhood. As there are few “mcmansion” type properties the homes fit the lots making for beautiful front yards and lawns, and great curb appeal.
- Awaard winning schools: The area is in the Wiseburn School District. This charter school district offers two award winning elementary schools, a great middle school and the Wiseburn High School is soon to be completed.
- Better for commuters: The “South Bay” is an area that generally ranges from Hawthorne and El Segundo all the way to San Pedro. This can add a tremendous amount of time for commuters that are coming from Palos Verdes, Torrance and Redondo. Homes in Hollyglen can cut off 30 minutes or more of a commute….each way! In addition commuters from Hollyglen have numerous options from very close freeway access, to Aviation, to taking the coast. If you work in LA or the West Side….Hollyglen may be an option for you.
- Home prices: While prices have risen quickly in the past few years (the Hollyglen secret it out!) it’s still far more affordable than El Segundo or Redondo Beach. See the current Hollyglen homes for sale.
- Proximity to the beach. Hollyglen is just north east of Manhattan Beach and east of El Segundo. It is less than three miles from the beach!
- Variety of homes: While the bulk of Hollyglen consists of single story homes, there are other unique areas. The gated communities of 360 South Bay and Fusion South Bay are both located in Hollyglen.