When this latest listing in 360 hit the market this week we couldn’t help but have a
little deja vu. We had listed this a few years back so it was great to see it hit the market once again. 12822 Manhattan Court #103 is a 3 level residence 2 townhome in the Court. This is an appealing floorplan for many buyers a ground level bedroom suite with no stairs and 2 additional suites on the top level. As mentioned each bedroom has it’s own private bath. The residence two has a 2 car attached garage and the bedroom with en suite on the ground level and then a very open and spacious middle level with a large living and dining area, an open kitchen with great island and a bit of space off of the kitchen to use as a home office, play area, or even as as smaller dining area opening the living/dining to feel even larger. The top floor offers two bedrooms The home offers just under 2,000 square feet. As with all of the homes in Three Sixty this townhome offers air conditioning, offers the incredible community amenities of Three Sixty and is served by the award winning Wiseburn School District.
12822 Manhattan Court #103, Hawthorne CA – Listed at $995,000
Listing courtesy of Narbeh Avedissian – Narbeh Avedissian
Hollyglen is a somewhat secret neighborhood in a small pocket of Hawthorne CA. Located west of the 405 Freeway, Hollyglen is a little community with a real neighborhood feel. Consisting primarily of homes built in the 40s and 50s, many of the single level homes have been extensively remodeled and sit on charming tree lined streets. Here are some of the reasons we love this neighborhood:
- Community feel: Hollyglen really feels like a neighborhood. This is a part of the South Bay in which neighbors seem to know each other and there are usually people out walking their dogs and seem happy to live there.
- Pride of ownership: It isn’t hard to see that owners love their homes and love their neighborhood. As there are few “mcmansion” type properties the homes fit the lots making for beautiful front yards and lawns, and great curb appeal.
- Awaard winning schools: The area is in the Wiseburn School District. This charter school district offers two award winning elementary schools, a great middle school and the Wiseburn High School is soon to be completed.
- Better for commuters: The “South Bay” is an area that generally ranges from Hawthorne and El Segundo all the way to San Pedro. This can add a tremendous amount of time for commuters that are coming from Palos Verdes, Torrance and Redondo. Homes in Hollyglen can cut off 30 minutes or more of a commute….each way! In addition commuters from Hollyglen have numerous options from very close freeway access, to Aviation, to taking the coast. If you work in LA or the West Side….Hollyglen may be an option for you.
- Home prices: While prices have risen quickly in the past few years (the Hollyglen secret it out!) it’s still far more affordable than El Segundo or Redondo Beach. See the current Hollyglen homes for sale.
- Proximity to the beach. Hollyglen is just north east of Manhattan Beach and east of El Segundo. It is less than three miles from the beach!
- Variety of homes: While the bulk of Hollyglen consists of single story homes, there are other unique areas. The gated communities of 360 South Bay and Fusion South Bay are both located in Hollyglen.
- Fusion is a low key complex with low HOA dues, a small pool and spa and the homes still feel pretty new as they were generally built from 2005 – 2007. Layouts range from 1000 foot 2 bedroom 2 bath condos to 1700+ square foot 3 bedroom homes. Located just east of Manhattan Beach, Fusion South Bay an ideal alternative to those priced out of adjacent Manhattan and Redondo.
- Three Sixty is a much larger gated community with all of the features of a luxury resort. Amenities include an incredible pool and entertainment area with a lap pool, fun pool, jacuzzi, cabanas, bbq deck and firepit. The entertainment area also offers a few impressive common rooms (this is definitely not like the normal “clubhouse”) state of the art fitness center, wine room, basketball court, parks and 2 dog parks. Homes in this community range from studio condos in the Flats to single family style free standing 4 bedroom homes….and everything in between. Built generally around 2013-2015 the homes feel new and feature the finishes you are looking for in newer construction. It’s an incredible community. See our Three Sixty South Bay photo gallery
When it comes to choosing a neighborhood schools make a big difference. Hollyglen home prices are directly impacted by the Wiseburn School system and the demand that creates with families wanting to be in the district. The CAR (California Association of Realtors) recently surveyed home buyers and 47% said that the right school or a good district was very important in their decision making. In addition 43% of consumers under 34 said schools are important and 58% of consumers making over $100,000 said that schools were a big part of their home search.
While there are numerous determining factors when it comes to home values in the Hollyglen/Del Aire, Wiseburn areas of Hawthorne it’s interesting to consider the numbers for homes east and west of the 405 San Diego Freeway. The freeway cuts down the middle of this area and while some of the homes east of the 405 attend the Wiseburn School District some do not. As most of the homes (other than 360 and Fusion South Bay) were built in the 40s and 50s it’s a good comparison. So how much less are the homes east of the freeway?
Since January 1 2018 (based on the date article was written of 9/25) there were 48 single family homes sold west of the 405. Here are the numbers:
- Average List Price: $909,117
- Average Sales Price: $927,775
- Median Sales Price: $887,500
- Average Price Per Square Foot: $622.81
- Highest Price: $1,300,000
- Lowest Price: $710,000
- Average Day on Market: 22
Compared with the area east of the 405 (West of Inglewood Ave) Since January 1 2018 (based on the date article was written of 9/25) there were 33 single family homes sold east of the 405. Here are the numbers:
- Average List Price: $693,435
- Average Sales Price: $722,633
- Median Sales Price: $730,000
- Average Price Per Square Foot: $638.24
- Highest Price: $870,000
- Lowest Price: $550,000
- Average Day on Market